Historically, the best time to sell a home is when the weather warms up. More people will soon be out and about looking at homes—if you’re hoping to sell soon, make sure your property is ready for a summer sale!
One of the best ways to sell your house fast is to spend your time on tasks that show your home is cared for, that make your home feel inviting, and that boost your home’s curb appeal.
How to show your home is cared for:
When buyers can tell your home has been cared for, they’ll be much more likely to put in an offer. Here’s how to make it obvious your home has been treated well:
- Start with fixing anything that’s broken—any needed repairs might make people question how your home has been kept up.
- Check lightbulbs and replace those that are out or dull, so people can properly view your home.
- In addition to your regular cleaning, make sure to clean the areas you don’t think about as often, such as vents and baseboards.
- Vacuum, mop, or sweep floors. You might refinish hardwood floors if they aren’t in great condition.
- Touch up any scuffs on the walls—or even consider fresh paint on all your walls!
The cleaner and more well-kept your home looks, the more likely you are to get a quick sale.
How to make your home inviting:
You want to be sure potential buyers can envision themselves living a relaxed, happy life in your home.
- Start with decluttering—think about whether or not you want to put your things in storage as you prep to sell.
- Put away personal photos or items, which can make it harder for potential buyers to see themselves living there.
- Organize countertops, cabinets, and closets. Consider adding new shelves if you have too many items stacked together.
- Make sure surfaces are clear and bulky appliances are away, especially in the kitchen. Buyers love to see lots of counterspace!
- Make sure every room has a clear purpose—this might require rearranging furniture or changing decorations.
- Add some final touches. This can include bringing in a few house plants, buying fresh white sheets, putting out a candle or two, and opening blinds and curtains to maximize natural light.
Once you follow these tips, buyers will be clamoring to get into your tidy, welcoming home.
How to boost curb appeal:
Finally, curb appeal is very important, as it’s the first thing your potential buyers will notice!
- Clean your siding—this might include power-washing, but be sure to check what’s safe for your particular home.
- Sweep patios, decks, and walkways. Consider re-staining wood if necessary.
- Clean the windows (inside and out) for a perfect view.
- Tidy up the landscaping—adding some new mulch or annuals can do wonders.
- Freshen up your entry way. You might paint your door a trendy new color, put fresh numbers on your house so buyers can locate it easily, or get a new doormat.
If you follow this plan, you’ll find it’s one of the best ways to sell your house fast. If your home needs more prep than the above list, our 6-month plan to sell your home might be better for you. Finally, if you’d like to sell without worrying about ANY prep at all, we’re here to help.
Work with MarketPro Homebuyers:
We’ll give you a fast and fair cash offer for your current home just as it is now; no repairs, no inspection, no commissions or fees. You can even choose your exact closing date to coordinate perfectly with the purchase of your new home. Our team will walk you through your quote, including a review of what your home would likely bring on the open market.
If you’re in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, or Pennsylvania, we’d love to show you how easy and stress-free the sales process can be. Contact us today for a same-day, no-pressure quote.